It's impacted or will impact all of us at some point in our lives. Whether it's personal, a family member, friend, or acquaintance, cancer will impact your life at some point. Over our lifetimes, we've watched parents, relatives, friends and co-workers fight for their lives to overcome this insidious disease. Some have been fortunate to win the battle, others, we remember and miss everyday.
This year KOLIfit is dedicating it's 6 peaks challenge to the fight against cancer, and we want you to help make a difference. We're asking all KOLIfit members, family, friends, and co-workers to use their love of fitness and the outdoors to let their fitness make a difference in the lives of others. KOLIfit has paired with Huntsman Hometown Heroes to raise money to support their efforts to rid the world of this terrible and often devastating disease.
Our fundraising goal: $53,739 or $1 for every foot climbed throughout each of the six peaks. Gather your friends and family, and challenge each other to not only accomplish the 6 peaks, but to raise money that really does make a difference for all of us.
There are many ways you can participate in the 6 peaks challenge, even without taking a single step (although we want to see you out there on the trails with us.)
- For those who are or have been engaged in the battle with cancer, either personally or with a loved one, dedicate the 6 peaks challenge, or even just one peak to your fight or that of your loved one(s). Carry the name(s) of those you represent as you summit each of the 6 peaks. Share your challenge with those who are fighting and cannot climb with you. Or, dedicate your challenge to those who tragically lost their fight, and honor their memory with each step and each peak you climb.
- For those who are active and looking for challenging summer hikes, the 6 peak challenge offers you the opportunity to explore the Wasatch Front in new and unique ways with a group who shares your same passion. At the same time, your passion for outdoor fitness will help make a difference in the fight against cancer and directly impact those who are effected by it.
- Not ready, or able to participate in the challenge, you can still make a difference. Sponsor someone who completing the challenge by making a donation to their fundraising page. If you don't know someone, make a donation directly on KOLIfit's page.
Here's how it works:
- In order to qualify for the challenge and receive the benefits and perks, you must be a member of KOLIfit.
- Each month, beginning in May, KOLIfit has selected one peak to summit. Go to KOLIfit.com to get a schedule of peaks and dates. You can choose to climb the peak with KOLIfit on the scheduled date (encouraged), but you may also summit solo as well. In order to qualify for the challenge, you will have to upload your GPS track into your KOLIfit account.
- Fund raise for the peak(s) you are planning on doing. KOLIfit will send a fundraising packet to each person who joins the 6 peak challenge to help with your efforts. Although there is no minimum required, we are suggesting at least $100 per peak.
- Each month for every person who completes the challenge they will be eligible for a drawing of a $100 gift card to the sponsor of that month's challenge. For example: May's sponsor is Wasatch Running. If you complete the challenge and are chosen in the drawing, you receive $100 to Wasatch Running. Each month presents a different sponsor and a new chance to win. You can increase your chances of winning by raising additional funds, recruiting friends, and sharing on social media.
- KOLIfit is offering practice hikes each month to help you prepare for the month's challenge peak. The practice hikes are a part of your KOLIfit membership and give you the opportunity to sharpen your skills as well meet people who share your goals.
- For each person who completes all 6 peaks, we have custom swag from Huntsman Hometown Heroes just for you.
For more details and information visit KOLIfit.com